April 3, 2009

Insomnia

I have been having these bouts of insomnia about at least one or two times a week in which I have been waking up in the middle of the night and cannot sleep. It's rather annoying because I need my rest so I can wake up for work the next day. But what to do, when I cannot sleep, I just cannot sleep! I have read that pregnancy can also trigger sleeping problems.

Anyway, since I am awake at about 4 am in the morning, I have discovered that watching television is quite handy in making me sleepy again so that I can go back to sleep. Switching on the telly at 4 am in the morning, I have discovered an old gem of a show which I used to enjoy with my mum back when I was young. Indeed it was our quality time together. What was the show? Well, it was this:



"Murder She Wrote" was an hour-long show about a mystery writer cum amateur detective named Jessica Fletcher and it starred the very talented Angela Lansbury in the lead role. I had no idea that the show was still running on air, albeit at a very unlikely time.

Anyhow, it's good enough to entertain me when I have my bouts of insomnia. I am so glad that good old-fashioned TV is still around.

1 comment:

  1. Insomnia is common during pregnancy but hot drinks like Horlicks help. I used to get up at 2 am and eat Coco Pops and hot milk.
    Murder She wrote is still one of my favourite shows so is Adeline's. She borrows dics while I wait for it to come once in awhile on Telly. I remember those quality times. I do hope we could have them again sometime in the future. Take care and God Bless Mummy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin