April 17, 2009

I feel like...

There are just some days when I feel like the most unglamorous person in the world. Early on I had resolved that I would never be one of those "lam nua" pregnant women who don't dress up, don't wear make-up, waddle when they walk and generally just look plain dowdy.

Nevertheless, I think I can identify with them now. On certain days I feel like this:



Or this:



No doubt, I don't look fat, and I try hard to walk normally (even though walking "kang-kang" is easier at times!). I also take pains to do my hair and put on my make-up as usual (although sometimes I just don't feel like it). However, I must admit it takes an effort. Especially when I know that I can't fit into my skinny jeans, baby Ts and cute dresses anymore. So why bother?

I bother because although I may not be a runway mom , I still like to look nice and presentable, not only so that my husband can be proud of his "hot" pregnant wife (I wish I were!), but also because it gives me a sense of satisfaction to look good. Hubby always says that I'm still the prettiest girl for him no matter what but to truly believe that I need to believe that I am myself.

Let's hope this lasts until the end! :)

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin