April 13, 2009

Babytalk: Visit to the doctor

My Mummy didn't want to wake up this morning because she was very sleepy, not having enough sleep last night. So I kicked and kicked her and sat on her bladder until she was forced to wake up :) I think she is now at work and grumpy because it is Monday morning and she wants to sleep!

Anyway, yesterday Mummy and Daddy paid a visit to Dr Zovi for their usual monthly check-up. This time Dr Zovi scanned Mummy's tummy so they could all admire me. I was pretty active yesterday, kicking and moving around while the doctor was examining Mummy. The doctor checked all my vital statistics and said that I was growing well, as far as she could see on the scan. Mummy also did not have any signs of pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure during pregnancy) or gestational diabetes.

So Mummy and Daddy were happy that everything was okay. Just the night before they prayed for me that I would be healthy and safe and that Mummy would be healthy as well.

However, Dr Zovi did say that Mummy had put on a little extra weight this month than she should have. But Mummy wonders why because she does not really over-eat or snack on junk food or sweet things. Mummy and Daddy think it's probably due to all the water retention. They have noticed that Mummy's feet seem to be swelling more in the last couple of weeks.

So anyway, Daddy took Mummy to have a walk in the evening at the Esplanade. Mummy walked while Daddy had a jog. Daddy says its healthy for him too since he thinks he is too fat. The doctor says that moderate exercise is good for Mummy so Daddy plans to do this on a regular basis until I am born, and probably after that too so that Mummy can get her slim figure back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin