October 27, 2009

An evening with Phua Chu Kang

Last Saturday I went out at night by myself for the first time since Hannah was born. It was our Penang Bar 23rd Annual Dinner and Dance at Traders Hotel. My firm had bought 2 tables so it was going to be a fun night with my colleagues. Hubby did not go because Hannah's Ah Mah had to go to KL for a wedding dinner so someone had to stay home to look after her. Thanks B! :)

I guess I did feel a leeetle bit guilty about going out and leaving Hubby at home with her; and also when I looked at her face, it was as if she knows that Mummy is going out kai kai without her. See her expression?



Anyway, I told myself that I would be back home before midnight. This is what being a Mummy is like I suppose, no more late night partying! :)

I was quite looking forward to the evening because of.... Phua Chu Kang - best in Singapore, JB and some say Penang!


Don't "pray pray"

I used to watch PCK with my family and especially those days when we lived in Johor, we could watch Singapore TV and Gurmit Singh a.k.a. Phua Chu Kang was quite a household name. As expected, the funnyman kept us in stitches for a good solid hour.



The man could make jokes, play games, dance and sing; and boy, could he sing! His rendition of Ronan Keating's "When You Say Nothing At All" sounded just like the original.

But what I liked best was at the end of the show, in his normal voice, he thanked everyone for their years of support to help him build his career so that he could put food on the table for his family. I suppose I especially connected with that because I had seen his career grow from the early 1990s when we used to watch him on Singapore TV.



All in all, it was an entertaining hour and we were sorry when it was over. In any case, it was photo time! I took lots of pictures with my friends and colleagues but there are too many to post here. More can be seen on my Facebook profile.


With Alvina and Evon


With the organising committee - Jo-Anne, Selvi & Taryna


My old friend from NYLC, now practising in Penang - Ben Sathyanandam


And Nazriah!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin