June 16, 2009

What I am thankful for

It was a nine month journey of highs and lows, ups and downs, followed by four hours of pain, and now three weeks of bottles, diapers and baby wipes. But through all that, I have much to be thankful for.

I am thankful to God for making everything possible, and especially by granting me a smooth delivery with minimal pain.

I am also thankful for:

1. A wonderful husband who has supported me throughout the nine months and beyond, especially when my leg would cramp in the middle of the night and he had to wake from his sleep to massage my leg. Even now he wakes up to help feed Hannah, gives her her bath, cleans her poop and does almost everything he can to help. During her delivery, he encouraged me and comforted me and even guided me through the pushing. I was indeed glad that he was around.



2. My parents who have given me a lot of love and support, even though they live so far away. I am glad for my mother's age-old advice on looking after babies, which has proven itself to work on me and my sister!

3. My mother-in-law who has helped to look after me and Hannah these three weeks. She has cooked for me food that I could eat, and not typical confinement food which I probably could not stomach. Even during my pregnancy she has cooked nourishing food for me such as bird's nest and soya bean.

4. Our family and friends who have been there and supported us all through the way, and for their very generous gifts for Hannah.

5. The maternity and labour ward staff at Penang Adventist Hospital who have taken good care of me and Hannah during our time there.

And most of all, I am thankful for a healthy, beautiful little bundle of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin