March 31, 2009

Such a privilege

Let me just share with you some experiences of privileges that I have being pregnant. True, there is the downside such as insomnia, swollen hands and feet, feeling like a whale etc. etc. but there are the perks to it which help make the experience so much better.

The other day I was attending a matter in Court before the Senior Assistant Registrar (SAR). It is not uncommon to see a long line of lawyers queueing outside the SAR's door as the norm is first come first served. To top it off, there are no chairs provided outside the room for the lawyers to sit and wait. The chairs are placed quite a distance away. So there I was waiting and a very kind lawyer offered to let me go in before him even though he had been waiting for quite some time. I'm glad to see that chivalry is not extinct.

Similarly, I was at the bank waiting to deposit some cash into our clients' account. After taking a number, I was waiting for my turn. A very nice bank officer in fact offered to help me with my transaction so I did not have to wait for so long.

Also, I get extra food from hawkers such as the fruit lady downstairs. She often gives me extra fruit for free, especially my favorite honeydew. She also selects the sweetest fruits for me and sometimes gives me more for the same amount of money.

Most definitely, the best privilege for me would be that my Hubby does most of the work around the house, inclusive of making breakfast for me on Sunday mornings :) I am not allowed to do heavy housework such as mopping the floors/windows or washing the bathroom, which I dislike doing anyway! I really do feel very bad that he has do everything but he insists that I rest and that he can handle it. At most he allows me to do light housework such as folding the laundry. He sometimes jokes with me that this privelege only lasts for 9 months so I had better make the most of it :)

Perks aside, I am looking forward to Baby's arrival. To me, that would be the best privilege of all.

4 comments:

  1. From benz;

    Haha... u can always renew ur privelege when it expires hon :-) (jz joking)..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey angie!~
    Good to see your blog !~
    Hiyoz, got married oso never tell me.
    Congrats on your marriage and your coming bundle of joy :)

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pregnancy is 9 months but LOVE is forever and ever.......

    Mummy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! Aiyo..sorrylah..long time didn't keep in touch with you already..anyways, which part of the world are you now? Give me a call when you are back in Penang..My number is still the same. And thanks for your wishes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin