March 23, 2009

Haagen Dazs, anyone?

It's funny how when you are not allowed to have something that you crave it all the more.

I have been so far very good throughout the pregnancy with no strange cravings in the middle of the night whereby Hubby has to go hunting for any particular type of food, so he should count himself fortunate! :)

However, I have been "banned" from eating certain foods which I used to enjoy. Examples are:

1. Ice cream (I would love some Haagen Dazs strawberry ice cream right now; I can just taste the chunky bits of strawberry in it, yum!)

2. Iced drinks - It's not really nice having to drink warm drinks in the middle of the blazing afternoon. However, Hubby has recently relented and I can have chilled drinks after it has been out of the fridge for a while, so it's not too bad.

3. Fruits such as watermelon and pineapple - I believe the Chinese believe that these type of fruits are not good for Baby and Mummy because it is too cold and very "lai".

4. Laksa/Rojak - For the same reason as above, it's too "lai", probably because of the pineapple in it.

5. Instant noodles - Hubby says there is too much MSG which is not good for Baby. However, I am allowed to have two or three mouthfuls at a time though, not too much.

I can probably only think of these at the moment. I wouldn't necessarily say that I crave them; I could do without them and it doesn't really bother me that much. Anyway, if it's good for Baby, then I am more than willing to make the sacrifice to make sure that she stays healthy and strong.

1 comment:

  1. All i can say is, "Its for your own good hon"
    :-)hehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin