September 17, 2012

Riverland

Nanna and Gong Gong's house in Waikerie is in the South Australia Riverland, which has plenty of orange tree orchards and vineyards along the Murray River.

Last Thursday, we took a drive to a few Riverland towns to visit. Our first stop was at Monash Adventure Park, which was a big playground which also had a wooden maze. This is me, Nanna and Ee Ee at the entrance of the maze.


When we got to the middle, there is a lookout point where we can look over the maze to see where we are. You can see the maze behind us in the picture below.


I also enjoyed the playground very much. I especially loved the swings! It was just like the swings back home in the playground below our house :)



I also sat on the little rocking thingys. It was quite cold though on that day, so we didn't stay long, but we will definitely try to be back when the weather is better.


After that, Nanna drove us to the nearest town which was Berri, for a nice cup of coffee and morning tea. I took a walk long the Murray River with Ee Ee and she showed me the house boats.



The initial plan was also to have a picnic lunch along the river, but since it was too cold, we ended up in McDonald's in Renmark, which is another Riverland town not too far away. I also took the chance to play in the indoor playground there, since I did not have much time to play at the Adventure Park earlier.


We ta-paoed some McD to take to Gong Gong who was working in Berri Primary School dental clinic that day. It was fun to see Gong Gong's workplace and he even let me sit in the dental chair. Hopefully I will never have to sit in one for real unless it's just for regular checkups :)


After that, also in Berri, we visited Aunty Dorrie who is going to be 90 years old next week.


Aunty Dorrie has a very big doll collection which she let me see, and a cute little dog too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin