September 11, 2012

Down Under

Hello from Down Under! This is my first time here and Mummy and I arrived early on Saturday morning from Penang transiting in Changi Airport for about 4 hours. There is a lot to tell since I arrived here so there will be a few posts to share what I have been up to since I have been here.

We had a quite a long transit time in Changi Airport so that was quite an adventure in itself. I only had one thing in mind though - to find the M&Ms store which Mummy told me about, and I found it! :)


Daddy and Mummy tried to convince me to have a nap in the afternoon before boarding the plane in Penang,  as the flight from Singapore was going to be at midnight, and I would not be able to last until then, but I was too excited to sleep. So Mummy got me all energised by looking at the many shops in Changi Airport and having lots of fun on the childrens' indoor playground. As a result, I slept as soon as we boarded the plane all the way to Adelaide.

I was pretty excited when I got up and Mummy told me that we were almost landing. As we exited the arrival hall at the airport, Nanna, Gong Gong and Ee Ee were already there waiting for us. I broke into a run as soon as I saw Nanna right in front.


Big hug for Nanna:


Gong Gong had his camera all ready, so we took some pictures right there at the airport:




We went home to freshen up and change and we had our first meal in Adelaide - guess where? At McDonald's! :) I had fun playing on the playground there too. I suppose some things are the same no matter where we are :)


After that, we headed to this place called Gumeracha, where they have the biggest rocking horse in the world. Check out the size of the horse.


You can actually climb all the way to the top of the horse's head, but I was too scared to go all the way up, so we made do with seeing the view from the first tier:


There was a little miniature of the horse down below, so I was quite happy with that :)


Besides the giant rocking horse, Gumeracha also houses a toy factory. I had fun looking at the many toys inside which were all handmade from wood. 



There was also a mini zoo there with all types of Australian animals. The animals were not in cages so it was really an up-front encounter with them. A majestic peacock greeted us at the entrance.


Since before we came to Australia, I was telling everyone that I wanted to see a kangaroo. When I saw one hopping towards me, Nanna said my whole face lighted up :)



I also saw wallabies, an emu, llamas and turkey, amongst others.





We could buy the animal feed for 2 dollars, but when we started feeding the animals, they all started coming towards us and could be quite pushy. I was a bit scared, so I left the feeding to Mummy instead :p


After a fun time there, we went home to get ready for dinner that night with some of Nanna and Gong Gong's friends. We went to a Chinese restaurant called Imperial Peking and I enjoyed my food there very much.


Thereafter, everyone adjourned to Nanna's favourite Italian cafe called Brunelli for coffee and desserts. I had my favourite chocolate gelato which I shared with Mummy. See at the happy look on my face :)



Brunelli has a wide selection of desserts and chocolates. I was pretty happy when I saw the display in the glass casing. I couldn't have any though that night, since I already had gelato, maybe next time, Mummy? :)


So ended a very busy but fun day. More stories coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin