May 11, 2011

My 2nd Mothers' Day

This year I celebrated Mothers' Day for the second time. The night before, we had a simple cake to celebrate five mummies, Hubby's mum, his three sisters and myself. Isn't the cake lovely? Of course, all the kids enjoyed it more, especially Hannah! :)



The next day, Hubby took us to Hard Rock Cafe for lunch. Surprisingly it was quite empty, even though it was Mothers' Day. Nothing like the hype that surrounded it when it first opened.

When we arrived, Hannah was given a packet of crayons and a colouring paper and that kept her occupied for some time. She especially enjoyed it since now one of her favourite things is drawing and colouring.



My daughter and I :)



She was also thrilled to see the guitars hanging all over the place. The last time we came here was when she was only 7 months old, so she wasn't as observant of her surroundings.



We ordered a kiddie's meal for her and it came with a milkshake. She thought she was drinking ice-cream :)



I ordered the Mothers' Day set to share and we had tomato soup for starters:



Followed by some sort of prawn salad:



Hannah's main meal - fish and chips:



This was the extra main course we ordered: chicken sandwich. When the orders came, we realised we could have done without this and shared the main course for the set as well. The portions are huge!



Main course for the set: Parmesan Chicken



And finally dessert - strawberry shortcake with berry coulis (I have been watching too much MasterChef which is why I know the word "coulis") :)



After our meal, we took a walk to the beach. Hannah got a balloon from the cafe. She was actually given a red balloon, but she insisted she wanted the purple one, so she got the purple one instead.



She was so excited and kept saying, "play sand, play sand!"





She likes to see the sand running through her fingers.



Happy 2nd Mothers' Day to me and to my mother and my grandmother too!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY MOTHERS'DAY my dear daughther. It is your 2nd and I wish you many more to come and may your children always remember to wish you each year and value you as their mum.
    God Bless you!
    Your Mummy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin