January 16, 2018

Hello 2018!

We are already halfway into January 2018! I suppose the most exciting that happened this month is that little Helene is now officially a school-goer!

But let me detract a bit and blog about what we did during New Year's. So it has usually been the custom for us to check into a hotel or Airbnb to celebrate New Year's with our friends, and this year it was no different. We booked an Airbnb (our friend refers to it as "someone else's house" lol) at 68PG Sunrise Gurney which was a duplex apartment with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living. It was quite nice, I must say.






We had dinner at Gurney Paragon but we didn't stay for the countdown as the place was quite crowded. So we walked back to the apartment and at the stroke of midnight, we could see the fireworks from Straits Quay. However nothing beat the spectacular fireworks show we witnessed 2 years ago when we stayed at the Maritime Hotel.

Come the first week of January, it was back to school for the girls. Hannah is in Standard 3 this year and Heidi is in her last year of kindy. So Helene and Heidi can go to school together, just for this year. Helene was definitely very excited on her first day, despite months of protest that she didn't want to go to school.


I was expecting a lot of tears, as she is quite attached to me, but surprisingly she was fine, and still seems to be fine even now. On her first week, she even told me that she told another child (her classmate) not to cry. Okkaayy :)

She wasn't too happy however when I took her to take a photo for school as requested by her teacher. It took a lot of promises and negotiation (not bribery lol) for us to finally get this photo. She wanted Kinderjoy, which I bought for her as she co-operated to give us an acceptable photo haha. At least there was a hint of a smile :)


So my littlest baby is finally going to school. I posted on my social media that it was so exciting and so sad at the same time! I'm going to enjoy the last few years of her childhood while I still can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin