February 14, 2018

My 37th birthday

Am I already 37?? Sometimes I can't believe it myself (self-denial lol). So anyway, as usual, I celebrated with my nearest and dearest this year, missing my parents and my sister who are in Australia. But we had a chat and video call, and my mum sent me a birthday card as usual.


So I had several birthday celebrations, with different groups of friends. The first one was actually a surprise as my office manager arranged it during a department lunch which we had at Cafe Lagenda at Campbell Street. So after we finished lunch, I was definitely surprised when the waiter brought this out and placed it in front of me :)



The next birthday lunch was with another group of friends - Szu Fu, Jenny and Stephen. Ai Nee and Karen couldn't make it that day so it was just the 4 of us and we went to a familiar hangout - Macallum Connoisseurs.



On the day before my birthday, the lovely Yu Yu surprised me in the office with my favourite Starbucks cake - passionfruit oreo - yum yum.


Then I had lunch with these lovely ladies at TWG in Gurney Paragon - Patricia, Ai Li, Suit Wai, Phaik Yueong and Liz. Our lunch ended at almost tea time!





On my actual birthday the next day, Hubby and the girls took me to Sugar on Top at Nagore Street.



And then we ended up at Baskin Robbins for ice-cream! :)


In the evening, we had dinner with the usual gang - Steven, Max, Chia Yin & Kok Hsiang. A few weeks earlier, we had decided to go to Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion or the Blue Mansion as it is also known. It houses a heritage hotel and also has a fine dining establishment called Indigo housed within the building. No guesses for seeing why it's called the Blue Mansion, and coincidentally, we were dressed to match the building!



It's really a nice place for taking photos, and again we blended quite nicely with the furniture as can be seen in the photo below!




The food at Indigo was good, but some dishes were better than others. The food is a blend of western and fusion flavours. It is a fine dining restaurant, so be prepared to pay slightly steeper prices that your usual restaurant. I had the cod fish (RM128 +) and that was really good.


Last cake for my birthday this year  - happy birthday to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin