May 3, 2013

Out of this world

As Hannah is growing up, she is asking us many questions every day - where, who, what and her favourite "why". Yesterday I had this conversation with her which I also posted on Facebook. I told her that we would be going to Cameron Highlands with her cousins at the end of the month. She asked me lots of questions which led to some pretty "deep" questions:

Hannah: Will Ah Gong and Ah Mah be going as well?
Me: Yes, sure.
Hannah: Have Ah Gong and Ah Mah been there before? What about you and Daddy?
Me: I don't know about Ah Gong and Ah Mah but yes, Daddy and I have been there before.
Hannah: When?
Me: A long time ago before you were born.
Hannah: Was it when I was in your tummy?
Me: No Hannah, it was even before that.
Hannah: Then where was I?
Me: You were not in existence yet, you haven't come into the world. 


(I was trying to make this as simple as I could, and I don't think I really got through to her, but what she said next totally floored me!)

Hannah: So I was in another world?


Now what do you reply to that? I liked a comment which one of my friends posted - he said that I should have replied "Hannah, you are out of this world!" Pun intended! :)

Also last night, I saw that Heidi's medicine bottle was being infested by ants (she is having paracetamol due to some mild fever caused by her injection on Tuesday). I showed it to Hannah and she said "Mummy, why so many ants? The ants are also sick?"

Besides this, there are a lot of little amusing things which she says during the day, that I can't remember them all. 

I think the best way to sum my big girl up is that she is like the "little girl with a curl" - when she is good she is very very good and when she is bad..well I won't finish that sentence - I'll just take it as a growing up phase! (Incidentally, she does have a curl in her hair :p)


Heidi at almost 13 months now weighs 9.4 kg (at her last checkup) which her paed says is excellent for her age. She eats almost everything we do, and surprisingly, she loves spicy food! Unlike her elder sister who cannot take even a little spicy, she slurps it up and asks for more! Her walking and talking is slower than Hannah, who could walk quite steadily by now and say quite a few simple words. But she is getting there with her walking - 5 or 6 steps before she goes down on her knees. As for talking, her favourite word (and basically the main thing she can say now) is nothing else than "mum mum!" She can also say "ba-ba" and babble a whole lot of baby talk.

Heidi is a fun-loving baby and will smile and wave to anybody who walks by, much to the amusement of passers-by. I had the girls to myself one night when Hubby was not home and the 3 of us slept upstairs (which we normally don't do). The two of them had a ball jumping and playing on the big bed until they literally fell asleep from exhaustion.



Her favourite time of the day is bath-time and we have to take her out from the bath-tub kicking and screaming most times as she doesn't want to get out!



On our weekly (sometimes bi-weekly) trips to the mall or to Tesco, she now knows how to ask for this:


We usually try to get one that both kids can sit on, so we save on having to pay for 2 rides!


Now that she can sit stably, she can also sit in the supermarket trolley, which makes things a lot easier not having to carry her.


When she gets scolded she makes this face - "pretend to cry" face:


And as of late, this has been her favourite hobby:


My happy go lucky fun loving baby!




You two kiddos are definitely out of this world, cos I wouldn't change you for anything!

1 comment:

  1. Hannah and Heidi you both are growing up so fast, Kung Kung and Nanna love you and miss you both very much. Take care and God Bless. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin