May 2, 2013

Birthday on Labour Day

May is full of birthdays for our family - Hannah and both her grandfathers have birthdays in May. Her Ah Gong's birthday is extra special because it is also a public holiday every year - 1st May :)

I did not manage to celebrate with the family for 3 years in a row since 2009 (and that was before Hannah was even born!) In 2010, I had a big dinner function to attend, in 2011 I was in Bangkok on a company trip and in 2012 I was still in my confinement period after Heidi was born.

This year Hubby's sister booked lunch at a restaurant called Double Good near Bukit Jambul. The food is pretty good and cheaper that the usual Chinese restaurants.


Hannah was full of expressions during lunch. See the funny faces she made below:



Heidi was fast asleep until lunch was almost over, so her Daddy and I could enjoy our lunch (which rarely happens when she is awake!) 

She woke up just in time to have dessert and cake :)


Speaking of the cake, my father-in-law had a special cake made, reminiscent of his favourite hobby ;)



Hannah insisted on eating the green part of the cake, so we indulged her as a treat, but not before warning her that this would happen if she ate it!


After Heidi woke up, we took a nice family picture together.


Happy birthday Ah Pa/Ah Gong from the 4 of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin