March 6, 2012

Hannah's new car seat

With the implementation of the rear seat belt rule, we thought it was high time Hannah was safely buckled into her own seat rather than being allowed to sit at the back unbuckled. We considered for quite some time contemplating whether or not to buy as we were thinking it would be a waste of money if she refuses to sit in it. However, we decided that we would be firm and insist that she use it despite if she cries or asks to be unbuckled.

So after some time and much deliberation on which one to get, we settled for one from Mothercare at a reasonable price. There were only two choices of colours, pink and black. We would have preferred the black one as it would be easier to maintain, but little girl decided she wanted the pink one, and we have learnt from experience to always go with her choice, otherwise it will end up being a waste.

As with all new things, she was very excited at first. She willingly got into the seat and let us buckle her up.



Hubby also bought her matching "superstar" sunnies which she wanted to wear as well.



It had been quite a long day morning out and she was up early that morning. Usually when she wants to nap or sleep, either one of us has to carry her koala bear style in the back seat. But in her new booster seat, she actually managed to doze off. Both of us were very surprised.



Let's see how long the novelty lasts :)

2 comments:

  1. Your little girl is so adorable! I'm glad you decided to buckle her up. Unfortunately, at her age, even the booster seat isn't safe enough. She really needs to be in a 5 point harnessed car seat. (If you are wondering how I saw this, I was on google looking for booster seat cartoons to make a bumper sticker with.)
    I am a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician, so I felt I needed to comment because I figure you probably just didn't know. Right?
    I encourage you to look up booster seats vs 5 point harness car seats and why it is unsafe to put a child under age 7 in this type of booster seat. I don't want to scare you with details, but I do feel you should know what to look for. I'm not trying to judge your parenting (as comments like these often come off that way, unintentionally) as I am sure you are probably a wonderful mother. Please, just look into getting her into a 5 point harness car seat.
    Even if she resists, it is very important, like you said in the blog, to be firm. Explain that this is what is needed to keep her as safe as possible in the car. I can give recommendations on what type of seat to look for, if you are interested. Please, again, I mean no offense or judgement at all, I just felt the need to make sure that you (and all parents, actually, since this is part of my job as a CPST) know the risk of her being in a seat like this.

    Sincerely, G. Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear G. Carter, yes indeed we didn't know that the booster seat is not safe enough for our little girl. I suppose over here the enforcement of rear buckling is not as strict as in some other countries. Thank you for the advice and we will certainly look into the matter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin