May 24, 2010

Gong Gong's belated birthday

Nanna and Gong Gong have come back from Australia to celebrate my first birthday with me, so yesterday Mummy and Daddy went to fetch them from the airport. Before going to the airport, we had lunch and did some shopping at Tesco Xtra.

I have a new hobby: chewing on straws:



When I was not busy eating, I spent my time looking out the window and making funny faces:



And more funny faces:



I also prefer to feed myself nowadays rather than let Mummy or Daddy feed me. I want to be independent, although it creates a bigger job for Mummy and Daddy to clean up afterwards!



This is me and Gong Gong back at home after we came back from the airport. By the way, I can say "Gong Gong" so Gong Gong is very happy :)



At night, we went out for dinner to celebrate Gong Gong's belated birthday (his birthday was the day before, on 22nd May). Nanna says I share my birthday month with both my grandfathers. Ah Gong's birthday is on 1st of May.

Before we left the house, I played a birthday song for Gong Gong:



We went to Krystal Point for Thai food at Maa Roy Thai Restaurant. The food is really good and not expensive too. We were quite late because I woke up late from my nap. However, Mummy says that being late is a good thing considering the mess and noise I made in the restaurant. At least we did not disturb the other customers, otherwise there will be no more next time for us at this restaurant.

This is me and Nanna:



And the birthday "boy" :p



This is a picture of the yummy cake. Sorry, no pictures of the food because everyone was too hungry and forgot to take pictures.



As you can see, I was not interested in taking pictures and only wanted to reach out for the cake:



This is me doing my "innocent" face when in fact I did not behave quite so innocently.



The candle is lit, time to sing happy birthday and blow the candle! There is only one candle because Gong Gong doesn't want to reveal his age (just joking!) No-lah, there is only one candle because I am one year old! Hmm..is this supposed to be Gong Gong's birthday or mine?



Looks like it's my birthday too since I am helping Gong Gong to blow out the candles. Nanna says we can celebrate together since our birthdays are only 4 days apart. Mummy says that I am giving "showers of blessing" on the cake rather than blowing out the candle.



I also helped Gong Gong to cut the cake. Good practice for me before it's my turn! :)

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures,write up and much actions from our Star.

    Another 24 hours and it will be her turn. It is a Great Moment for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moment has come HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY Dear Hannah !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin