May 10, 2010

My first Mothers' Day

I didn't view the blog over the weekend, so when I looked at it this morning, it was a lovely surprise, thanks to my dear hubby.

Speaking of which, look at what my precious princess gave me for my first Mothers' Day. I received it on Saturday night. We were at mother-in-law's house and her Daddy was carrying her. As they were walking into the house, I noticed that she was holding something in her hand and waving it around. Hubby asked her to "give it to Mummy" and she willingly handed it over (not something she would do normally!)



When I opened it, there was a lovely card:



And this was on the inside. It made music too, at which point Hannah got excited and wanted to take the card back! :)



Here is a close-up look. Hubby says this is a nice picture of us when Hannah was about 6 months plus.



And on the other side:



This is Hannah's actual hand-print. Hubby told a funny story of how after she had printed this, she looked at her hand and said "ek-ek" (dirty). Even now when she sees it, she will look at her hand and say "ek-ek". It's very amusing to watch.



And then early on Sunday morning, I got this! Hubby says its for me to put on my desk at work. The pair of sunglasses is actually the photo frame, pretty cool. I placed it on my desk this morning and it brought many admiring remarks from my colleagues, as it is such a funny picture! I also got another card from my parents to celebrate my first Mothers' Day. Thanks Mummy and Papa!



On Mothers' Day, we had brunch at McDonald's Queensbay. Unhealthy, I know, but I have not had the yummy breakfast for a long time. Oh yes, as we were walking in, my right shoe totally came apart. There was no way I could walk with it so Hubby had to go and buy me a pair of slippers. I trust his taste absolutely so I did not regret that I didn't get to choose it myself (I couldn't walk at all!)

This is a picture of Hannah with her shoe-less Mummy:



We then went for a drive to Butterworth/Bukit Mertajam and took the ferry on the way back. Look at the cheeky little girl making faces in the side mirror.



Hannah's favourite past-time when the car stops: to drive the car with Daddy.



Oh yes, we also had dinner with mother-in-law and the rest of the family the night before to avoid the Mothers' Day crowds. Hannah had just woken up from her nap so her face is not too happy.



We went for Thai food but as usual Hannah couldn't sit still for long, not even to take a nice photo with Ah Mah and Ah Gong (see the blurry picture).



Anyway, it was a very happy as well as memorable Mothers' Day for me. It was my first, and I hope there will be many more to come. Thank you to my darling Hannah and dearest Hubby. Blessed Mothers' Day to my own mother, mother-in-law and all my mummy friends.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you HC and Hannah for giving our daughter Angeline such a memorable and beautiful Mother's Day. God Bless all of you.

    Love Always,

    Mummy and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very Blessed Angeline for having such a wonderful husband and loving daughter.
    God Bless you always and we love you very much.

    Mummy and Papa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin