August 27, 2015

Cafe-hunting in Penang: Macallum Connoisseurs Coffee Company

I will be starting this series on my blog entitled "Cafe-hunting in Penang", and hopefully I visit enough cafes to keep this series going! :) I had actually reviewed another cafe called Budan's Brew Coffeebar sometime back, and you can read it here.

I am not receiving any incentive for writing this series, and all opinions here are entirely my own. These are also not comprehensive reviews as I will only write based on what I experienced for myself. Also, I am not a coffee drinker, so unfortunately I won't be reviewing the coffee at these cafes, but more of the food and the ambience.

Okay, enough of the disclaimers! First on my list is Macallum Connoisseurs on Gat Lebuh Macallum here in Georgetown. It has been around for a while, and what used to be an old timber factory (I think) is now a cafe cum roastery cum coffee academy. As the space is huge, there is plenty of seating space, unlike some cafes which are quite small and narrow.


The floor is just normal cement, with wooden tables and stools, but somehow the ambience of the place is unique and rustic.


This is what greets you at the entrance,


We went for brunch, and I ordered one of their brunch sets. The food was good, and the avocado spread was something quite special, as you don't get it in other cafes. Spot the impatient little fingers - Helene's! Haha :)


They also serve a variety of cakes, and their mille crepe cakes are especially good. We tried the black forest crepe cake (sorry no picture) and it was firm, unlike some which tend to melt and become soft if not eaten straight from the fridge.


Here is where they make their coffee and drinks, right at the entrance of the cafe. We quite enjoyed ourselves, and will definitely be back!


  1. Macallum Connoisseurs Coffee Company
  2. Address: No 1, Gat Lebuh Macallum, George Town, 10300 Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
    Hours:
     
    Open today · 9:00 am – 12:00 am

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin