June 23, 2015

Helene @ 14 months

I am 14 months old today! Two months ago we celebrated my first birthday and now two months later, I have achieved lots of things! One of those things, however, is not walking. I am still happily cruising along walls and furniture but have not ventured to take that first step! Amah says that I can't walk yet because everyone still likes to carry me since I am the baby of the family!

Okay, so what can I do at 14 months? I can cruise and I can crawl, but not on my knees like usually babies do. I crawl on my hands and feet, with my bum up in the air, something like Spiderman! I don't have a photo to show you, but you get the idea. Gong Gong says I will walk very soon, Mummy and Daddy are not so sure lol.

I can't talk much yet, but I can call "Papa", "Mama" (or sometimes it's "Meme"), "Amah", "Apoh". Actually the person I can call best (and the first!) is "Hannah"! I can say "Hannah" loud and clear. I can also call "Heidi" but it comes out like "Didididi" haha. My favourite words now are "Papa bao-bao" or "Mama bao" (Papa/Mama carry) so now you know why I can't walk yet! Lol. I can also say "mum mum" and "nen nen", "ball", "bird" and for some strange reason, "pampers"!

I'm still a petite baby. The last time I was weighed at the hospital when I was a year old, I was only 8.6 kg, meaning I only put on about half kilo since I was 6 months old. But the doctor said that as long as I am eating okay, it's nothing to worry about. And speaking of food, I love to eat! I will eat anything, except durian! Haha. I will shake my head "no no" when someone offers me durian. It's quite stinky, you know!

Even though I'm now 14 months, I have not weaned from breastfeeding yet. So Mummy thinks she will just let me wean on my own, or what they call baby led weaning. I am fine with formula milk during the day when Mummy is at work, since she doesn't pump any more, but at night and when Mummy is around, I want my nen nen! Since I am the baby of the family, Mummy doesn't have the heart to say no to me. I think baby led weaning is a pretty good idea too!

I can also do lots of actions. When people say, "Make your funny face", I do this:


Or this:


I can also do motorbike "vroom vroom" like this:


I also love kiddy rides now, same like my jie-jies! I can no longer just watch them play, but I want to play too!




I am quite a friendly baby also. I like to wave at passers-by, whether at the mall, at the supermarket or even just people on the road. The people are quite amused when they see me and will generally wave back. I should be a spokesperson for "Kempen Sopan-Santun" (Politeness campaign). Or maybe it should be "Kempen Mesra" (Friendly campaign) lol. See, here I was at Esplanade and waving to someone. But in the picture it looked like I was making the sign for "stop". Nanna thought I was stopping traffic lol.


Okay, so that's all the updates on me for now! Will post more soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin