August 13, 2014

Penang Children's Library

I have been seeing quite a few reviews on this place and have always wanted to bring the girls there. We finally got the chance about a month ago so when I told them I was taking them to a new place i.e. the library, they were very excited indeed.

A special feature about the children's library is that they have a i-Play Toy Library. There are a lot of toys there which are suitable for young children. Hannah may be a little older to enjoy it, but everything new is a novelty! So in my opinion, it would be better suited for children Heidi's age. However, since I took both of them, they could play together nicely.


They played "cooking":



And "ironing":


And carpentry:


And had fun with the hula hoops:



Of course, there were also books to read, being a library.


What I like about it is that it's air-conditioned, relatively clean, baby-friendly with nappy changing facilities (useful for me since I also brought Helene).

It only costs RM12 per child to join as a member of i-Play for a year, so all you need to bring is your child's MyKid. We will definitely be going there again!

Penang Children's Library 

No. 11, Jalan Scotland 
10450 Penang 
Tel: 04-2287010 

Website: http://www.penanglib.gov.my/en/index.php/en/
Email: kkanak@penanglib.gov.my 

Opening Hours: 
Wednesdays to Sundays 9.45 am to 6.00 pm
Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Public Holidays

4 comments:

  1. my kids love this place too. but nowadays shern usually plays with the puzzles more than the toys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the toys more suitable for kids Khye and Heidi's age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mummy, do u still bring your kids go there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to know the environment and condition after so many years.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin