April 5, 2013

Papa's 60th Birthday

My father will be turning 60 this coming May, but since he is around this month for Heidi's birthday and my uncle from KL was around for cheng beng, we decided to throw him a surprise 60th birthday dinner with his siblings and extended family.

We ordered a special cake for him and this is what it was:



Check out the dentist paraphernalia on the cake :) Jenni cake house did a good job and my dad was pretty surprised indeed! :)

We had two tables at the Chinese restaurant and we took lots of photos with the birthday boy. Here are some:

 With us

 With his siblings

Whole group photo

Heidi behaved quite well despite it being way past her bedtime, and Hannah enjoyed her food and playing with her cousins.



The biggest joke was when the kids starting taking the dental tools off the cake and pretended to use them! Hannah is getting her teeth "checked" by my dad ;) I guess there is no danger of pain in using a tool made from candy so her mouth opened quite willingly! 


Happy early 60th birthday Papa and we look forward to many more!

1 comment:

  1. Papa's 60th Birthday! This is the cutest cake I have ever seen. The daddy must have felt super special. I too love to host parties for my loved ones as all this makes them feel really special. I too would be hosting a chic party for my mom’s 50th birthday but finding affordable rental Chicago event venues has become difficult. Do you know about any decent party locations?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin