April 5, 2013

Hannah's first cinema experience

I was on leave yesterday to look after the kids as MIL had to attend cheng beng prayers. She came back earlier than expected, but since I had already taken the day off, I took Hannah to watch a movie at the cinema. She had been pestering me to take her, ever since she saw the movie "The Croods" being advertised outside the TGV cinemas at 1st Avenue, so yesterday seemed like a good day to go and see the show. She was super excited before the show, asking when would the movie start!



She has never been to see a show at the cinema before, so this was her first time. And of course, no movie is complete without popcorn!


TGV have what they call "popcorn royale" and it's super yummy. With regular popcorn, I usually try and find the brownest pieces with most caramel on it, but for popcorn royale, all pieces are brown and coated thickly with caramel - you can see it from the picture above. Scrumptious! :)

Once we got inside, she settled comfortably into her seat and dug into the popcorn.


When the trailers started, the sound was pretty loud so I think she was quite startled by the noise, but she was not afraid. She only asked me, "Mummy, why so loud?" She managed to watch the movie for quite a bit, until about one hour she asked, "Mummy, finish already or not? I don't want to see anymore". I suppose sitting through an entire movie for 98 minutes is quite tough for a little girl not yet 4, but when I told her that she has to sit down and finish the movie, she managed to do it without a fuss.

At the end of the show, I asked her if she wanted to go to the cinema again since she did not want to finish the movie, and she nodded enthusiastically.

Well, maybe next time when she is a leeetle older :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin