August 10, 2012

An eventful weekend

I had a busy weekend last Saturday and Sunday. Uncle Tze Ming and Aunty Jacintha asked me and Isabelle (Uncle Kok Hsiang and Aunty Chia Yin's daughter) to be their flower girls for their wedding reception on Saturday night at G Hotel. Mummy and Daddy also attended the KL reception the weekend before so they had two busy weekends in a row.

I was pretty excited to be a flower girl again as this would be my second time. I posed for a nice picture at home before we left the house.


We dropped Heidi off at Ah Mah's house and headed to the hotel. We were there early so Isabelle and I could rehearse the walk-in before the wedding started. We also took some pictures inside and outside the ballroom. We are wearing matching dresses from Lovely Lace bought for us by the wedding couple. However, both Isabelle and I needed new shoes so we quickly bought it that morning from Queensbay Mall.





We rehearsed throwing the flower petals upon entering the ballroom. I did it quite well during the rehearsal but during the actual event, I completely blanked out, probably because I saw so many people when the doors opened. I remembered towards the end so there were flower petals on Isabelle's side of the aisle but none on my side until almost the main table :) Oh well, Uncle Tze Ming and Aunty Jacintha said we both did great :) Mummy did not manage to take any pictures during the walk-in so we will wait for those from the official photographer.

Isabelle and I had a great time that night dancing once they put on the dance music. We only stopped to come back to have a drink of water and then we were off again! We danced until 11 pm and then it was time to go home. I was pretty exhausted as you can imagine but I had loads of fun.

The next day, I attended Kyan's 1st birthday party. Kyan is Mummy's friend Aunty Celyn's son. I had only seen Kyan once before and that was when he was 3 months old. Time really flies and he is already one year old. I love birthday parties because it means I get to eat cake! Daddy looked after Heidi at home while Mwent to the party.

Mummy says this expression on my face is priceless. The other kids were busy playing but I was only focused on the CAKE(s).


Aunty Celyn and Uncle Kevin made the cakes themselves. The three tier cake was a chocolate cake made by Aunty Celyn and the other cake was a red velvet cake made by Uncle Kevin. I was eyeing the chocolate cake more because of the smarties on it :)

We later sang a birthday song for Kyan and his Mummy and Daddy helped him to blow the candles on his cakes.


I enjoyed my fish and chips, ice cream and cake - all my favourite food. After the cake cutting, all the kids got a party pack each. Mine had a crocodile sticker on the front (all the party packs had different animals on them) and inside was a box of Smarties (my favourite again), bubble solution and some other type of bubble. It's a bit hard to explain what it is, but people who are Mummy and Daddy's generation will know what it is. It's sticky and comes in a little tube and you have to put it at the end of a small straw and blow it.

Mummy and I took a picture with Aunty Celyn before going home. Oh yes, I also got a helium balloon which was a new thing for me. This is my second balloon because the other one floated up to the ceiling :)


As can be seen from my face, I definitely enjoyed myself. Thank you Aunty Celyn for the food and fun time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin