July 24, 2012

A special dress

My mother recently gave me a little dress which was mine as a baby. She preserved it all these years and now it is for little Heidi to wear. This is me at 3 and a half months old wearing the dress. Looking back at the old photos, I realise that I look very much like Heidi now.


The photos are a bit blurry because I don't have a photo scanner so I took a shot with my phone camera. I still have that rabbit too, somewhere in the house.

This is my mother and I, still wearing the same dress.


Quite hard to imagine that these photos were taken more than 30 years ago and I was that little baby who now has a little baby (and toddler!) of her own.

Here are some clearer photos of Heidi wearing the dress:




As you can see, it's quite old-fashioned with the smocking in the front. Nowadays it's not common to find these type of smocking dresses being sold in stores and if you do, it can be pretty expensive. Nevertheless, our little Heidi looks sweet in it :)

Hannah loves her little sister very much, although she does get jealous at times, which is normal. However, they generally get along quite well and Heidi will always give big smiles when she hears or sees Hannah. My mother says that when she was in the womb, Hannah's voice was probably the voice she heard the most often, and the loudest too!


Our little princesses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin