January 25, 2011

My new room

Daddy, Mummy and I finally moved into our new home last Sunday. It took quite a lot of work, (especially on Daddy's part) but it's finally all done and all of us can get some rest. Daddy did a really good job with the painting of the house (he did it all by himself) and decorating ideas.

Anyway, these are some pictures of my new bedroom/toy room/entertainment room :) Daddy and Mummy says it's all in one so I can play with my friends and cousins here while Daddy and Mummy entertain their guests when they come over.

My bed and chest of drawers were bought from Ikea. The bed is pretty cool as it can be extended as I grow. It is now the smallest size but can be pulled out two lengths more until it extends to a full-sized single bed. However, the bed needs a special mattress (also bought from Ikea) as the mattress also comes in 3 pieces, to be put as extensions as the bed extends.

The chest of drawers was only RM199 and it looks really nice so Mummy and Daddy said that it had to somehow or other fit in the car as it would be wasted if not bought! So after a lot of adjusting, everything managed to fit. Not bad for a Proton Exora.

The curtains and wallpaper were done by Suk Fen Ku-Ku's husband, Uncle Sam. Mummy and Daddy chose the design - the idea was to make my room as colourful as possible.



On the other side is my flower night light and my little table (both from Ikea as well). Below that are my boxes of toys and Daddy stuck additional wall stickers which we got from Tesco around the night light wire.



In front of my bed are my book and CD cabinets together with my ball-pool. My cousins had a really fun time in my room when they came over the other day. Daddy says the TV is to entertain me for now so I can watch my DVDs in my room and not hog the Astro :p However, when I am bigger, they will control my TV time so that I don't spend too much time watching TV. I guess this is the favourite thing in my room at the moment though - Mummy and Daddy think the white TV and DVD player are really special and matches the colours in my room.

The other day, Mummy asked me, "Hannah, do you like your new room?" I nodded my head and then she asked "What is inside your room". I told her "White, white". Mummy then asked me what is "white". I answered "TV" and after that "Put, put". Mummy said, "Put what?" I told her with a smile on my face "Mouse!" (Mickey Mouse).



On the day we moved in, Ah Mah, Ah Gong, all my Ku-Ku and cousins came over for steamboat dinner. The previous time we had steamboat last Chinese New Year, I was too young to enjoy it. This year, I was patiently (or rather, impatiently) waiting for my fishballs to cook in the soup.



I also played a song to entertain everyone :)



The first night in the new house, I found it a bit difficult to sleep, so I sat with Daddy in the living room and watched TV for a while. I finally went to sleep at 11pm. Daddy and Mummy are hoping that I slowly learn to sleep on my own now that I have a nice new room. We'll just have to see!



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet nice room!Hannah so blessed got LCD TV in the room. Our house tv only as big as Shanna's! hehe
    Can she sleep alone in the room with all the toys and books inside? Esrene can never do that, she will wake up mess up with everything in the room instead of sleeping, thats why her room is super empty.
    Be careful with the standing fan if she is going to sleep alone coz she might be hazardous. We have to change Esrene's one to tower fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LCD was Daddy's treat to her - but when she is bigger have to control her TV time..haha.. For now she doesn't sleep alone yet, we sleep with her on a mattress on the floor while she sleeps on the bed :p Slowly trying to see if she can sleep by herself, but does not look too promising! If she is awake her room will be a mess too, all the toys and books will be everywhere and not in the shelves or boxes. Thanks for the advice on the fan, we will keep a look out for that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin