December 26, 2009

Happy Boxing Day!

Today I turn 7 months old exactly. And not only that, it's the day after Christmas, which means...it's time to open presents!! :)

Today is also known as "Boxing Day". I wonder why...is it because there are many Christmas presents in boxes to be opened? According to Mummy, she read from the internet that the reason why it's called "Boxing Day" is because the upper class people during the Victorian era used to give food, clothing and money to their servants in boxes, hence the term "Boxing Day".
Another theory is that it came about because on "Boxing Day", the alms boxes placed in churches over the Christmas season were opened and the proceeds distributed to the poor. So now you know :)

Anyway, this morning I woke up early (as usual) so we had plenty of time to open presents before Daddy went to work! Here I am all ready to open presents. I am wearing a bib that Nanna got me from Australia. See what it says on the front :)



Here is my first present. This is from Jie Jie Zhen Yi and Jie Jie Candice. By the way, they woke up early too and came over from next door so we could all open presents together! :)



Ooohh...it's a green rabbit! I like it very much...and I like to put it into my mouth too!



Next was a present from Mummy:



What's inside? Rolling duckies! According to Mummy, this toy is supposed to encourage me to crawl. Well, we'll just see Mummy!



Then came my present from Daddy...he's helping me to open the present.



Yay! Musical keys from Daddy and rolling duckies from Mummy..I love my new toys! :)



I also got a present from Daddy and Mummy's friends Uncle Victor, Aunty Judy and their baby Veronica. It's a pair of new pyjamas! Nice or not?



Here I am with all my presents. Mummy and Daddy say I have too many toys already.



Mummy also bought Daddy a present. It's a new fragrance from Calvin Klein called ckfree. Daddy has always used Eternity by Calvin Klein but since they had this new fragrance, Mummy decided to get it for Daddy to try. And he likes it! :) But I was getting bored. Daddy, any more presents for me??




And everyone said this was the best present of all...from Daddy to Mummy...any guess what it is??



Ta-daa! Mummy likes it a lot, and I mean A LOT! :) It's for her to go shopping and buy whatever she likes...good leh... :) When I am bigger, I want this kind of present too, ok Daddy? ;)




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin