May 25, 2018

May happenings

It has been quite an eventful month of May, ever since I got back from Seoul, so here are some highlights.

We had the historic 14th General Election, and I am very glad that my children and I have lived in this era! I went early to vote just after the polling centre opened, and there was already quite a long line. Hubby dropped me and went to his polling station to vote. I waited for about 45 minutes before it was my turn.


Actually, the lines were not so long in the afternoon, but I had no choice, because the same evening it was time for Bruno Mars! When the election date was first announced, we were thinking that we would not be able to make it for the concert (and it was soooo difficult to get the tickets when it opened for booking!) but then Air Asia came up with reasonable affordable return tickets to KL, so off we went!

Incidentally this was my first ever concert, and I have never seen so many people in my life! Apparently 12,000 tickets were sold!


Obviously we bought the cheapest tickets (which were still RM398!) so we didn't have that fantastic a view, but it was still not too bad, and Bruno put on a great show.


I guess this was the 24K magic part :)


The concert ended quite early, around 10.15 pm after an hour and a half of solid performance. We couldn't really sleep that night, as we were following the agonisingly slow counting process and around 2 am, we all fell asleep, until one of my friends triumphantly announced at 7 am that Pakatan had won! This was the first time in Malaysian history that the ruling party since our independence has been overturned. So obviously nobody could sleep after that.

The next day, we tried the famous Village Park nasi lemak while checking our phone every few minutes for election updates. It was amazing how crowded the place was. When the food arrived, I understood why :)


After that we did some shopping at Sunway Pyramid before heading home. We took the later flight because it was cheaper lol.

About 10 days later, my sister was back, so after celebrating Mother's Day, we did a two-day trip to KL again for eating and shopping :) This time the Air Asia ticket was really cheap, only around RM97 return per person.



We stayed at a relatively new hotel, Hotel Stripes Kuala Lumpur, which is a YTL luxury hotel and also an Autograph Collection hotel. It cost RM310 a night, after taxes which is not too bad for a 5 star hotel in the city centre. 



There was this little container of old school sweets in the room which were complimentary, as were the drinks in the mini bar.


The hotel had a rooftop pool, which provided an unobstructed view of KL Tower.


We did some shopping and eating, and we tried this place called Mr Chew's Chino Latino Bar in Bukit Bintang. The food there was really good and I will blog about that separately. 

We were back in time to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday, and we had a nice dinner at Lunarich restaurant.



We took the small cake home to cut, and Helene wanted to decorate it with her candies which I bought her from KL. It was not a bad idea, as it was just a plain butter cake :)



The next day, we celebrated Hannah's 9th birthday too, as my sister was leaving to go back to Australia the following day. 





So it has been a busy month, but it was a fun type of busy haha. Happy birthday to our eldest baby Hannah tomorrow - we all love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin