April 23, 2017

Helene's birth story

It took me a few days to write this post, but thought it would be fitting to post this on the very day that Helene was born, 3 years ago. We never got around to writing her birth story, so here it is, while I can still remember what happened :)

It was around 6 am on 23 April 2014 when I felt the first contractions. Hubby, Hannah and Heidi were still asleep. So I woke up, took a shower, got dressed, packed the last few things in my hospital bag, packed Hannah's bag for school then woke up Hubby and told him that I thought it was time. He of course panicked and quickly got dressed then carried the girls half asleep to the car. He kept asking me all the way whether we had time to send them to his mum's place or if she should meet them at the hospital. Knowing my fast delivery history, he thought the latter would be a better idea, but I insisted that we could make it. So he drove as fast as he could, good thing there was no jam early in the morning. Incidentally all our babies were born in the early morning. This way Mummy can make full use of the 3 days 2 nights maternity package haha.

We reached the hospital around 7 plus, and I can't really recall, but I think I was already 8 cm dilated. The doctor came and broke my water bag and the contractions got really painful after that. Up to that point it was still manageable. The doctor left the room and for a while it was just me and Hubby and a young nurse who was encouraging me to push once I was fully dilated. So I did. Then an older nurse came in to examine me, and she told me to stop pushing because she could already see the baby's head and the doctor hadn't arrived yet. She actually closed my legs, and said to wait for the doctor to come. Fortunately he didn't take long and then I could continue pushing.

At around 8.30 am, our third little princess was born! You can read and view more pictures here from after she was born.

The one thing that was most striking about her was her red lips :)


This was the photo that the hospital took to put in her medical report book haha.


She was the heaviest of all our babies, weighing 3.28 kg. The other two did not exceed the 3kg mark. Here are some photos of her in the first few days after her birth.



Love this one of her and Daddy!


Happy 3rd birthday our little Helene, we love you very much!



You can read Hannah and Heidi's birth stories here, here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin