February 17, 2017

Past the mid-30s

Last Friday I celebrated my 36th birthday. So I'm officially past my mid-30s and am now a year closer to being 40 (horror!) Did anyone say that 40 is the new 30? :p

So anyway, I did have a wonderful celebration with friends and family, which consisted mostly of non-stop eating!

The first group of friends took me for lunch at Soul Cafe. The food was so good that I wanted to go back - you can read my review about it here. There were more of us this time, so we could try more dishes, and their dessert is really good too! We didn't have dessert here the previous time. So since I had previously shared pictures of their food, here are pictures of their desserts!

Lemon chocolate cheesecake - homemade specialty on that day:


Vanilla creme brulee:


Passionfruit chocolate lava cake:






In the same week, my colleagues treated me to a fancy lunch at TWG Gurney Paragon. Their lunch sets are quite reasonably priced, and so very filling!

Carrot soup:


Strawberry tea milkshake:


Main course - chicken breast:



We had 4 sets, so we could choose 4 desserts. And they were all yummy!


On my actual birthday, I took the day off, since it was a Friday, and sandwiched in between a public holiday (Thaipusam) and the weekend. So I got 4 days off :) Hubby also took the day off and we redeemed my 2 free birthday movie tickets from GSC. I also got my birthday present, a watch which I had been eyeing for some time :) No pictures taken because we did boring couple stuff like eat and watch movie and shopping haha.

That night, we had dinner with my parents and the girls at Grand Imperial Restaurant at The Top, Komtar.



3 cheeky girls:


I told my parents that I didn't really want a cake because we would be too full after dinner, so we had a small cake at Chocolate Passion which was just opposite the restaurant. The kids enjoyed it and we didn't have to finish a full-sized cake!



The Sunday after my birthday, we continued the celebrations with another group of friends at Lunarich, Gurney Paragon. I must say that Lunarich has really yummy salad. And the pastas and pizzas are great too.

Fruits salad:


Crispy bacon salad with mango:




After lunch, we headed for Magnum Cafe where we had ice-cream and a small slice of cake from Starbucks haha. No big cakes for me this year :)





So there concludes my birthday and looking forward to a good year ahead :) Thank you my beloved parents, hubby, 3H and friends for making my birthday so special!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. I will be 36 too another couple of months to go. Stay pretty and young alwiz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin