May 14, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

We had a simple Mother's Day this year, celebrating with just ourselves and my sisters-in-law. My mother-in-law was busy during the weekend attending a relative's wedding, so she couldn't join us this year.

I saw this text in the morning sent by Hubby - such a nice way to start off the day *feeling loved* :) Cos I always complain to him that I am fat haha :)



Hubby took us for a nice lunch at Rakuzen - no pictures of any food because I was more interested in eating than taking pictures haha. But here's one of my small baby and big "baby". I think this is a lovely picture of the both of them.


Then back at my sister-in-law's place, we had dessert. Hubby specially ordered 2 of these cakes, one for me and one for my mum (more about that later).

3 mummies and a cake :)



We then had an early dinner at Pizza Hut (for which we got a free stuffed crust pizza because my sister-in-law complained that the pizza was cold), and thereafter ice-cream at Baskin Robbins! Of course, the kids loved it :)



Back at home, we had another cake with my mum. Helene and Heidi were cranky, so it was just me and Hannah and my dad while hubby took the other 2 back to our own house.



Here's a closer look at the cake. It may not look very pretty, but it's absolutely delicious. It's known as a mille crepe cake, because it's made up of layers of crepe with fresh cream between the layers. We had a French Vanilla and a Peach Passion mille crepe cake - the Peach Passion also had peach slices between the layers. We ordered the cakes from Humble Beginnings at their Gurney Plaza outlet. It's not cheap, but worth every cent.


So that concluded my simple Mother's Day this year. Here are the little gifts I got and also a handmade card which Hannah made in school.


Happy Mother's Day to all my super-mummy friends, my own mummy and my mummy relatives. We should remember that every day should be Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for celebrating Mother's Day with me this year. It is special. I am glad we are able to have this Mother's Day together. You are a beautiful and wonderful mother.
    Your father and I are very proud of you.
    Take care and God's Blessings upon you always.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin