June 26, 2014

Birthday cupcakes for Hubby

In the span of 2 months, from 8 April to 8 June, we celebrate 4 birthdays in our family - Heidi on 8 April, Helene on 23 April, Hannah on 26 May and Hubby on 8 June. Since we could not go out much with little Helene, and I had no time to buy any gifts, I decided to make him some cupcakes with my cupcake maker. I had subscribed to Tesco online shopping which actually makes grocery shopping really convenient. I have so far tried it once and they deliver right up to your doorstep. No more parking, queueing and having to lug all the bags up to your house.

So anyway, I bought all the ingredients from the website (together with some other stuff), and made my cupcakes late night on 7 June 2014 once everyone had slept. Hubby and the 2 older girls were sleeping upstairs so they could not hear me, which was good since I wanted it to be a surprise :) I had done a trial run a few days earlier, so this time I adjusted slightly the measurements for the eggs and water. The "Happy Birthday" sign was recycled from a previous birthday and I had extra candles, also from someone's previous birthday.

This was the result which I was quite pleased with:


Hubby was pleasantly surprised as well and said that this was the best birthday gift he had received :). Hannah and Heidi were also extremely excited, but they were more interested in eating the cupcakes! I was glad they tasted yummy too!

And then it was photo time. First was Hubby with his 3 princesses:




Then it was all of us. So this was the first time we got a nice family photo of the 5 of us:



And then it was time to sing the birthday song! Heidi was happily clapping along :)


After that, time to blow out the candles! Of course, Hannah and Heidi helped too :)


Happy birthday dearest Hubby! You are the best Hubby and Daddy to all of us and we love you very much! Here's to many more birthdays in the years to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin