May 23, 2014

Two cakes for two occasions

I don't really like cakes with too much cream or frosting, so Jan's plain butter cake and moist chocolate cake are two of my favourites. Since I was still on confinement on Mothers' Day this year, Hubby bought a mini butter cake and chocolate cake from Jan's @ Abu Siti Lane for a small celebration at home.


Hannah and Heidi walked into my room each carrying one cake with a candle lighted up, and they were so excited with the "surprise"! Either that, or they were excited that they could get to eat cake ;)

So this was my first Mothers' Day with all my 3 little girls.



So on my father's birthday yesterday, I requested Hubby to buy the same two cakes again to celebrate at home since Helene is still a bit young to go out. Hannah and Heidi were again excitedly waiting to surprise their Gong Gong, each holding a cake with a lighted candle.


As expected, my dad was indeed pleasantly surprised :)


The girls helped him to blow out the candles. First Hannah:


Then Heidi:


And then it was picture time! Grandparents with their granddaughters:


Kiss for Gong Gong from Hannah:


And one from Heidi:


And Gong Gong with the latest addition to the family, little Helene:


Hannah and Heidi also helped to cut the cakes.


And then it was time for a whole family picture:


Happy birthday Papa/Gong Gong with lots of love from all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin