October 20, 2010

Registration for Kindy

I registered Hannah for kindy today at a kindergarten in Penang. A bit early right, but even as early as this, there were only 2 available places left! And this is for when she is 4 years old, in year 2013! The 3-year-old class was full, but the principal informed that they only take in 10 children for the 3-year-old class, and the kindergarten operates as a "tadika" (kindergarten) and not as "taska" (nursery or pre-school), so that made me feel a little better.

Okay, so rewind a couple of days to know what "inspired" this sudden reaction. when my colleagues were discussing that getting children into kindergarten, let alone schools, these days were pretty competitive. I didn't think much of it, however, as we had only intended to register Hannah for kindy maybe next year or the year after since she is still young, and I had always wanted her to go to this particular kindy. Nevertheless, yesterday evening I had the instinct to call up, but since they were already closed I had to wait for this morning. Upon enquiry, I found out that the 3-year-old class for 2012 was already full (not surprising, since they had only 10 places), and the 4-year-old class for 2013 only had 2 places left.

So after discussing with hubby, we decided to enrol her for the 4-year-old class. The term starts in January so she would be 3 years and 7 months by the time she starts going to kindy. After some thought, that age would probably be better since the year before she would only be 2 years and 7 months - maybe still a little young for school.

I took an early lunch and went over to the school to register her. Very kiasu right? :) But anyway, I managed to speak to the principal and she showed me the books and materials the children would be using. For the 4 to 6-year-olds, the entire school syllabus is based on the Fungates system which looked quite interesting and very comprehensive. They teach the children English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin and Mathematics even at 4 years old.

So anyway, I filled in the form and paid the registration fee of RM50.00.Now we just have to wait another 2 years and Hannah will be going to school!

13 comments:

  1. may i know which kindy is that? where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shu-Yin,

    I can email you the details of the kindy together with the address, phone number and contact person if you are interested. My email is angelinecheah81@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hie angeline,
    my email add is tanshuyin[at]yahoo[dot]com, can u pls email them to me?
    kindy name and contact. i want to check it out and see ;)

    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angeline, May I know the kindergarten name and contact? My email anntang_77@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angeline,

    I have a 18 month old girl and would like to know the details of this kindy please so I can check it out too :)
    Could you please email me at ling_yen@hotmail.com?
    Thanks so much!

    p.s. I have been reading your blog and I'm enjoying it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angeline,
    I am interested in this kindy. Can you kindly email me (mywchong@gmail.com) the details? Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interested as well. Email: juliaonggheepeng@gmail.com. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi .. may i know which kindy is that? my email is : enie32@hotmail.com .. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kindly email me too, would like to know the kindy name and location? Thanks. Email: jennifer_ng2001@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, could you share the detail with me too, kindly email to vegechua@gmail.com. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, can u pls email me the kindy name. Email: neohhooibin@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, good day to you! Would you mind to e mail me the kindy name too? My e mail is pooikee82@gmail.com. I'm looking for kindy to enroll my 4yo (next year). Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin