June 8, 2010

Melaka Trip

Over the weekend, Daddy took us to Melaka for a short holiday. We went early on Saturday morning and came back on Monday night.

This photo was taken on the way there at the first toilet stop. "Hands up!" :)



This was what greeted us as we arrived in Melaka "Selamat Datang ke Melaka". Melaka is Malaysia's historic city which is why it is known as "Melaka Bandaraya Bersejarah". This was the first time to Melaka, not only for me, but for Daddy as well!



After putting our things down at the house (we stayed at Da Ku's sister-in-law's place), we went to the Melaka Butterfly Park.



This is a photo of all us kids with Daddy. Now everybody "hands up!" :)



Look at me and Daddy making funny faces.



The butterfly park not only has butterflies, but it was a mini zoo of sorts with other types of animals too. I was admiring the giant tortoise:



Daddy showed me the cute rabbit:



Another family photo:



We only had dinner that night at 9 something because everywhere was full on a Saturday night! It seemed like the entire Melaka came out to eat that night. So finally we had to settle for "choo char". Despite the long wait, I was still my happy self.



The next day, we decided to go and visit some of the historic sites in Malacca. This is a photo of Daddy and Mummy. I am sitting in the stroller but how come nobody took my picture as well??



This is the central area with the big fountain:



Christ Church Melaka:



Look at me and the flowers; aren't they pretty?



I went for a trishaw ride with Ah Mah and Jie Jie Candice. That was a lot of fun! :)



The weather in Melaka was really really hot, so Daddy got me this:



All these red buildings are known as the "Stadthuys".



After that, we went on the Melaka river cruise. I took a photo with the boat driver too!



Me making my cheeky face:



We also took a family photo on the boat:



At night we went to Jonker Walk which is Melaka's big night market. I got a few toys from there too!



All in all was a fun trip, even though it was quite tiring, and there were a lot of places that we did not manage to visit. Hope we can go again soon!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin