December 28, 2010

A quiet Christmas

We had a quiet Christmas this year, as Mummy and Daddy were busy with work and moving house, and I fell sick with fever and cough. One whole year has gone by, and this was my second Christmas. I was only 7 months old last Christmas so I couldn't walk yet, and I needed Daddy's help to open my presents.



Speaking of being sick, Daddy and Mummy had to wake up in the middle of the night for a few nights to feed me medicine because I was feverish. They were afraid that if I did not take the medicine, my fever would get too high. However, I was cranky and refused to open my mouth to take the medicine. In the end, I only took the medicine after Mummy promised to blow bubbles for me. So Mummy had to blow bubbles outside the house for me at 3 am in the morning, for two nights in a row. She says this is the length that parents have to go through for their kids :p

Anyway, the bubble solution that I had at home was finishing so Mummy decided to get me a new bottle. Look at how I love bubbles!



On Christmas eve, we all went to Uncle Max's house for dinner. I played with Jie Jie Isabelle while Daddy and Mummy ate a yummy dinner and chatted with their friends. See what Jie Jie Isabelle was showing me? It's an iPad :) Her Mummy said it's great for entertaining kids, and my Mummy agrees :) Mummy says it's a whole different generation nowadays, where even little kids can enjoy these new gadgets. Seems a far cry from when Mummy was a kid.



See all the yummy food. Amah helped to cook some of it. She made fish curry, fried rice and pohpiah. Ah Mah is a really good cook. I will only finish my food if Ah Mah cooks it. For outside food, I will only usually eat a few mouths and I don't want any more.



Later on, I was getting a little bit too rough with the iPad, so Mummy asked Jie Jie Isabelle to keep it away from me. Mummy and Daddy said they have no money to replace it if I spoil it :p. Good thing, she also had colourful markers for us to colour with. Since I don't know how to colour in the lines, I was busy scribbling away in Jie Jie's nice book.



Later on, I got a plain piece of paper so I could scribble as much as I wanted. However, that also had to be kept away pretty quickly as I discovered it was nicer to scribble on the floor and the cushion covers (almost!). I think Uncle Max nearly had a heart attack :p



Later on, we all opened presents! Look, I can manage pretty well on my own now, no need for Daddy to help me :)



We wanted to take a nice family picture, but I was too busy looking at my presents. I got some colouring pencils from Uncle Steven and two water bottles from Aunty Chia Yin.



The next morning, I was greeted with presents the moment I woke up!



This is the "masak-masak" set which I wanted. I chose this myself at the supermarket and did not want to let go even though Mummy and Daddy showed me more "canggih" toys. So in the end Daddy only paid RM8.90 for this. I guess he didn't mind :)



I also got this from Daddy's cousin, Suk Fen ku-ku.



Mummy bought me these:



Later in the evening, when I was well-rested, Daddy took me to Queensbay to play:



And I also got this. Daddy said it would keep me occupied at the new house while Mummy and Daddy discussed what they needed to do.



So I guess that's it from me for now. Merry Christmas and have a happy "cool" year ahead! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin