October 25, 2009

My first cereal

Mummy and Daddy have been noticing lately that my milk does not seem to be sufficient for me because sometimes I will get hungry and need to drink milk about every 2 hours, which is quite a lot. So since I am going to be 5 months old tomorrow, this morning I had a special meal of baby rice cereal. This is what Mummy and Daddy bought for me:



I did not know how to eat the cereal at first, and I kept spitting it out until it was all over my face. Mummy had the wise before-thought to wear a bib for me so that it wouldn't get on my clothes. I also made funny faces at first because I did not recognise the strange taste. But after a while, I got used to it and eagerly opened my mouth whenever the spoon came near.



Yum yum, so delicious!



I was enjoying it so much that I didn't want to let go of the bowl. But after having the cereal, Mummy still fed me milk because most of the cereal ended up on my face or on my bib, so she was doubtful of actually how much of it went into my tummy!



Later in the afternoon, we got ready to go out. I love to go kai kai, unfortunately Mummy and Daddy don't really bring me anywhere except to go to Ah Mah's house and sometimes for a car ride. They say because there is this nasty illness out there called H1N1 which is particularly dangerous if transmitted to babies like me. Never mind Mummy and Daddy, take me when I am bigger, ok? And also when this nasty disease has subsided. So anyway, they dressed me in a pretty dress (thank you Aunty Chia Yin and Jie Jie Isabelle) to go to Ah Mah's house. See how excited I was?



At Ah Mah's house, I went for a walk in my stroller. I enjoy that very much except when the stroller stops, then I don't really like it. I prefer the stroller to move.



I took a picture with Jie Jie Candice and Jie Jie Pei Yi. 3 cousins - do we look alike?



I also took a picture with Mummy and Daddy - now do we look alike? Hee hee... :) Unfortunately I was getting sleepy, hence the grumpy face. So no more pictures for today..until next weekend!


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. shouldn't you feed her milk before solid? This is what we are told by the ped. & nurse coz their main is still milk, solid should not be a supplement for milk, rather an "educational diet" to intro them diff taste until 1 yr old. It is better to feed her milk before solid so that solid won't overtake her main diet - milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh okay we didn't know that. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. when caris initially had her first cereal, we had to interchange, means bottle - cereal in spoon - bottle - cereal. she didn't like cereal at first, but slowly, they will learn how to swallow and adapt to the taste. anyway, you'll soon discover the "magic trick" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When introducing solids always give the solids 1st so they would learn to eat the solids and then top it up with milk. If the child has her milk she would not want the solid anymore because she had enough and there is no room. When introducing solids start slowly with litle amount increasing amount slowly. By 6 months child should be able to take reasonable amount of porridge and fish and mashed potato, blended vegetable ,mashed pumpkin. Child should be able to take most food blended/mashed or minced.
    DO NOT give BOILED EGG as it is very hard to digest and the child will have tummy upset.

    From a Nurse that worked in a Children's Hospital and also had 2 grown up daughters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for all the tips. I suppose every baby is different and we need to see what suits them best! As long as the baby is happy and healthy that is the most important :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very true every child is different but there is a standard Milestone which every child is measured by and accessed by.
    As a nurse working in Children's Hospital and wards I have seen many different parents.
    This is a real incident in one of the Penang Private Hospitals happened in 1982.
    A father came up to me and asked me to make his son a bottle of milk. His son was 9 years old and was admitted for athsma. I was totally shocked I told him your son is 9 years old he said so I can afford it so he can have it as long as he wanted it. I really hope that at 36 he is not still on his bottle.
    Another incident is a nurse's daughter at 8 years old she only knew how to drink milk from a bottle. No solids and she would take 8 bottles at 8 oz. everyday.
    These were real cases where I personally had encounter with.
    Agreed every baby is different but there are Standard Milestone and also Diligent Responsible Parenting.

    Happy Parenting..................

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin